Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dandelion Root Tea for Health and Weight Loss

I have been working for many years to lose weight. And since I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2008 and began taking medication that affected my kidneys and liver, I've been striving to make dietary improvements that improve my health. Several months ago a friend told me about a drink that she was consuming that was helping in her weight loss. It was a simple recipe, mostly consisting of water. I did a little research and in the process discovered the health benefits of Dandelion Root Tea. Those benefits include the assistance of helping to improve your kidney and liver health. Combined with hope that it could help with my weight loss, I was sold. I've been drinking the recipe a few times a week for the past few months. When I was given the chance to try Kiss Me Organics Dandelion Root Tea, I said yes, immediately.




The recipe is 60oz of distilled water, 1 Tbl 100% pure cranberry juice (no sugar or sweetener added, non-cocktail), 2 Tbl lemon juice and 1 bag of Dandelion Root Tea. It's easy to make. I like it chilled so I make it at night before bed and stash it in the fridge over night.


I  get all of my supplies together and fill my container with water. I brew the tea with some of the water poured out of my container.


I add the cranberry juice and lemon juice. Once the tea is fully brewed, I pour it into the pitcher. My friend adds a little Stevia to her container but I like the tartness of the drink, so I don't add any sweetener. I mix the recipe and store it into the fridge.


Kiss Me Organics Dandelion Root Tea also contains cinnamon and hibiscus. The tea is a deep pinkish red color. I also enjoy the tea on its own. It's a tasty change to my traditional green tea.

In addition to my focus on eating whole foods and exercise, drinking the recipe has been a great addition to my weight loss. I bought the white jeans below in late September of 2014. I stored them for the winter and took them out yesterday to try them on.

September 2014
They are a favorite pair that I really enjoyed wearing, until yesterday. When I tried them on I knew they were destined for the donation bin. They are obviously way to big for me to even take in. Even though the drink isn't the only contributing factor to my weight loss but it has helped.

April 2015
If you're looking for a great tasting tea with health benefits or you'd like to try the detox water, you should give Kiss Me Organics Dandelion Root Tea a try. It's delicious and healthy!

Note: I was provided Kiss Me Organics Dandelion Root Tea in exchange for my review. The opinions and results expressed her are my own. 













Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...